What a child wears to school reflects their attitude to learning. It portrays the school’s ethos and shared positive values. At New York Primary School we have a school uniform which we encourage all pupils to wear.
This consists of
· Royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
· White polo shirt or blouse
· Grey trousers, pinafore or skirt with black tights
· Black school shoes – please note coloured trainers may not be worn as a school shoe.
· Summer uniform of blue checked dress, polo shirt and shorts.
Sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts, book bags etc may be ordered from Emblematic.
Purchases can also be made for a Book Bag, PE bag and school jacket.
Children should be equipped with correct uniform for the activity and time of year. This will consist of:
· Sandshoes for indoor work, such as gymnastics and dance.
Pupils are also requested to work in bare feet for certain lessons.
· Trainers for outdoor activities
· Plain white tee shirt or polo shirt
· Plain dark shorts without buckles, zips or attachments
· Sweatshirt and jogging bottoms for outdoor activities in colder weather
Please ensure all items of uniform are clearly labelled with your child’s name.
A coat should be worn daily as outdoor play is an expectation except in the most inclement weather.
As an OPAL school we encourage children to have a pair of wellies that can remain in school. All children have the option to go outside at lunchtime whatever the weather but they must have appropriate waterproofs and wellies.