What a child wears to school reflects their attitude to learning. It portrays the school’s ethos and shared positive values. At New York Primary School we have a school uniform which we require all pupils to wear. We have a summer and winter uniform option, however pupils can choose to wear any element of school uniform throughout the year.
This consists of
- Royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- White polo shirt or blouse
- Grey trousers, pinafore or skirt with black tights
- Black school shoes – please note coloured trainers may not be worn as a school shoe.
- Summer uniform of blue checked dress, polo shirt and shorts.
Sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts, book bags etc may be ordered from Emblematic.
Purchases can also be made for a Book Bag, PE bag and school jacket.
Children should be equipped with correct uniform for the activity and time of year. This will consist of:
- Sandshoes for indoor work, such as gymnastics and dance.
Pupils are also requested to work in bare feet for certain lessons.
- Trainers for outdoor activities
- Plain white tee shirt or polo shirt
- Plain dark shorts without buckles, zips or attachments
- Sweatshirt and jogging bottoms for outdoor activities in colder weather
- Waterproofs and wellies
We recommend that PE kits are brought into school on on Monday and left in school all week.
Please ensure all items of uniform are clearly labelled with your child’s name.
A coat should be worn daily as outdoor play is an expectation except in the most inclement weather.
As an OPAL school we encourage children to have a pair of wellies that can remain in school. All children have the option to go outside at lunchtime whatever the weather but they must have appropriate waterproofs and wellies.