We collect and use pupil information under Section 537A of the Education Act 1996, Section 83 of the Children Act 1989 and “Article 6” and “Article 9“ of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Article 6 (GDPR) condition: Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject. Article 9 (GDPR) condition: For substantial public interest on legal basis.
We use the pupil data:
- to support pupil learning
- to monitor and report on pupil progress
- to provide appropriate pastoral care
- to assess the quality of our services
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing
- to Ensure that we meet our statutory obligations including those related to diversity and equality.