- Develop phonics until decoding secure
- Read common suffixes
- Read & re-read phonic appropriate books
- Read common ‘exception’ words
- Discuss & express views about fiction, non-fiction & poetry
- Become familiar with & retell stories
- Ask & answer questions; make predictions
- Begin to make inferences
- Spell by segmenting into phonemes
- Learn to spell common ‘exception’ words
- Spell using common suffixes, etc
- Use appropriate size letters & spaces
- Develop positive attitude & stamina for writing
- Begin to plan ideas for writing
- Record ideas sentence-by-sentence
- Make simple additions & changes after proof-reading
- Use . ! ? , and ’
- Use simple conjunctions
- Begin to expand noun phrases
- Use some features of standard English
Speaking & Listening
- Articulate & Justify answers
- Initiate & respond to comments
- Use spoken language to develop understanding
Art & Design
- Use a range of materials
- Use drawing painting and sculpture
- Develop techniques of colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space.
- Learn about a range of artists and illustrators.
- Use logical reasoning to make predictions.
- Recognise uses of IT outside of school
Design & Technology
- Use a range of tools and material to complete products.
- Evaluate existing products and own ideas
- Compare local area to a non-European country
- Use basic vocabulary to describe a less familiar area.
- Use simple fieldwork and observational skills to study the immediate environment.
- Key individuals
- Lives of significant historical figures, including comparisons of those from different periods.
- Significant local people
- Know 2, 5, 10x tables.
- Begin to use place value (t/U)
- Count in 2s, 3s, 5s and 10s.
- Identify, represent and estimate numbers.
- Compare / order numbers inc. < > =
- Write numbers to 100
- Know number facts to 20 (+related to 100)
- Use x and ÷ symbols
- Recognise commutative property of multiplication.
Geometry and Measure
- Know and use standard measures.
- Read scales to nearest whole unit
- Use symbols for £ and p and add/subtract simple sums of less than £1 or in pounds.
- Tell time to nearest 5 minutes.
- Identify and sort 2D and 3D shapes
- Identify 2D shapes on 3D surfaces.
- Order and arrange mathematical
- Use terminology of position and movement.
- Find and write simple fractions
- Understand equivalence of e.g 2/4 = ½
- Interpret simple tables and pictograms
- Ask and answer comparison questions
- Ask and answer questions about totalling.
- Sings songs
- Play tuned and untuned instruments musically
- Listen and understand live and recorded music.
- Make and combine sounds musically.
- Differentiate living, dead and non-living.
- Growing plants (water, light, warmth)
- Anti-bullying education
- Rules and laws
- Challenging all ‘isms’
- Media impact
- Master basic movements including running, jumping, throwing and catching. As well as developing balance, agility and co-ordination
- Participate in team games
- Describe some of the teachings of a religion.
Describe some of the main festivals or celebrations of a religion.
- Recognise, name and describe some religious artefacts, places and practices.
- Name some religious symbols.
- Explain the meaning of some religious symbols.