I hope that you have managed to have a safe and enjoyable summer. I am aware that several families have suffered positive COVID results over recent weeks and I hope that you are all fully recovered and ready for Thursday 2nd September when we return to school.
Staff have been in school preparing for the new Autumn term and there have been various projects to change and improve a number of areas around school. There is still some work to do but your children will be impressed with some of the changes so far.
Unfortunately there have been delays in fitting an additional gate and fence to the main entrance so there are no changes to dropping off and picking up points for now. Staff will be on hand on Thursday morning to guide pupils to the correct gate for their year group.
Please ensure that your child arrives in school wearing the correct school uniform and has the correct PE kit in school. Confirmation of these can be found on the school website.
Miss Hollywood is in the process of issuing the after school club sign up forms so please look out for that.
Despite continued announcements from the government, we still do not know exactly what September will look like. We have all become accustomed to change; sometimes at very short notice. The key messages at this stage are;
- Under-18s, irrespective of their vaccination status, and double vaccinated adults will not need to self-isolate if they are a close contact of a positive case. They will be strongly advised to take a PCR test and, if positive, will need to isolate.
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test result should stay at home and self-isolate immediately. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should arrange to have a PCR test as soon as possible. This still applies even if you have received one or more doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
For September with regular monitoring we are maintaining a number of our protocols including;
- staggered start times and exit times for all pupils – class teachers will notify you of your child’s start and exit time.
- staggered break and lunchtimes but pupils will access the hall for lunch with a new and improved menu.
- parents pick up protocols to remain the same to limit traffic on the path – KS2 parents only accessing the school yard.
- After school clubs will commence on Monday 13th September (Y1-6) but will remain year group specific for the first half term.
- Hygiene protocols will remain including regular hand sanitising, ventilation and cleaning.
- Breakfast Club commences from Monday 6th September
- We will continue to use class and parent emails for rapid communication. These will be set up for your child’s new class and we request that you notify school of any changes to your email address if you have not done so already.
We are excited to welcome back our pupils and to welcome new pupils and staff into school.
Welcome to Miss C Dallas and Mr N Szymanski both new teachers for Key Stage 2. We are also pleased to have Miss Ransome teaching in KS2 this year.
Welcome back to Mrs Prince returning to Year 2 alongside Mrs Potter and Mrs Smith.
We look forward to a really positive academic year serving and supporting our pupils, families and the community.
Mrs J Shaw