I had hoped that I would not need to send this letter but after a briefing with Public Health to discuss the rates of COVID infection across North Tyneside, I have taken the difficult decision to make our various forthcoming Christmas events ‘pupil only’. This means that parents, carers and friends will not be invited to attend the various Christmas productions or the Christmas Fair.
We are all very disappointed with this news as I know you will be too. This decision is taken to minimise rates of infection and to protect our pupils, families and staff as we head toward the Christmas period.
The rate of infection in North Tyneside is 533 per 100,000 with the national and regional rates 326 and 373 respectively. Our local rate is much higher than both of these.
We continue to stagger start and end times, breaks and lunchtimes. We continue to maintain high levels of cleaning and hygiene protocols with regular hand washing and sanitising. We aim to apply social distancing protocols where possible.
As with last year our pupils will not miss out. We will continue with all planned events so your children can enjoy all the usual New York Christmas experiences.
The dates that were published in the latest newsletter will now change.
The dates below are the new dates for the calendar;
- 2nd December – Christingle
- 2nd December – Diorama competition entries in to school
- 3rd December Christmas Fair – children only. There is a flyer going out to provide the details of what stalls will be available for pupils to enjoy
- 3rd December Santa’s Grotto
- 8th December Christmas Lunch and Christmas Jumper day
- 13th December Christmas Crafts
- 15th December – Christmas Performances. Children will perform to other classes and this will be professionally recorded (as last year). We hope that families will be able to contribute £3.00 for all performances on one video link. More information about booking this will be issued next week.
- 16th December 9.00 am- Carols on the yard. As this is an outside event parents are welcome to join us for Carols and a mince pie.
- Christmas parties are scheduled for the last week of term (with the exception of Year 1 and 2 who will party on 10th December)
Nursery and Reception Monday 13th
Year 3 and Year 4 Tuesday 14th
Year 5 and Year 6 Thursday 16th